Following the February 2014 ice storm that impacted south Tipton County, the city of Munford plans on offering a one-time service to residents of the city who need assistance with the disposal of downed tree limbs and branches, during the week of Feb. 17.
This “no-charge” service will only be available within Munford’s city limits to Munford city residents. You do not have to be a subscriber of Munford’s new trash service to be eligible.
Ice storm debris must be cut into sections no longer than five feet in length and bundled, if possible, for pick up. Smaller limbs and branches that are less than five inches should be bundled for collection.
Make sure this ice storm debris is at least six feet away from any Republic Services trash can and does not interfere with the automated truck used by City’s regular weekly trash service. In addition:
- Only tree and yard debris resulting from the ice storm will be accepted for collection
- Residential waste will NOT be accepted for collection under this emergency City program.
- Regular City trash collection will continue as normal — and should not be impacted by this program.
- This is not a substitute for normal trash removal, and City personnel will not remove debris that is clearly unrelated to the ice storm. Their focus will be on tree and vegetation damage from the ice storm.
- During the week of February 17th, City personnel will do their best to respond in a timely manner. But due to the widespread damage from the ice storm, it may take several days for the City to respond, depending on the location and size of each request, and the availability of City personnel, disposal equipment and vehicles.
Once debris has been placed curbside or near the edge of the road (but not in the road) residents can request a pick up by emailing email@example.com or calling Munford’s “Ice Storm” phone number: 901-837-5955 and leaving a voice message. The pickup request MUST contain the following information: 1- Your Name, 2-Address, 3-Phone number, and 4- Email address, if you have one.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Munford’s “Ice Storm” phone number: 837-5955 and leave a voice message. Do NOT call Munford’s general information phone number regarding this ice storm related service.