Star Staff Reports
The trial for former Atoka pastor Ronnie Gorton began Monday.
Gorton is accused of sexually assaulting several boys. Gorton was the former pastor of Awakening Church in Atoka.
He now faces 47 charges including 16 counts of statutory rape.
Back on January 31, 2018, deputies showed up to the home of Gorton while responding to a report of a suicidal man.
During their investigation, deputies learned that Atoka Police was investigating Gorton after an underage boy accused Gorton of raping him.
That alleged incident took place at Gorton’s home just weeks earlier.
One of Gorton’s alleged victims was under the age of 13, according to authorities.
Other charges allege Gorton showed some of his victims pornography and bought alcohol for at least one.
Gorton faces the following 47 charges:
- One count rape
- Five counts aggravated sexual battery (victim under 13 years old)
- 17 counts sexual battery by an authority figure
- Two counts of continuous sexual abuse of a child
- 16 counts of statutory rape by an authority figure
- Two counts offense of soliciting sexual exploitation of a minor
- Two counts contributing to delinquency
- Two counts enticing a child to purchase alcoholic beverages
go to www.millington-news.com